Sunday, April 12, 2009

I Don't Make Mistakes

When will we wear wigs?
Someone remind me where that's from.

I apologize (to the probably like 2 people who read my blog) for the prolonged absence of new material here. What can I say? I had an aneurysm. It was delicious.

Something I was thinking about today, how when you say "Oh man" it means you're disappointed, when you say "oh boy" it means you're excited, "oh girl" you're about to give someone somewhat condescending advice, and ...."oh woman"...? hmmm. What does it all mean?

Speaking of language, I was recently having a very interesting conversation with a friend about how words, or labels, are really the basis of society in a lot of ways. What's amazing is that words are made up and thus society and culture and everything we deal with on a daily basis is all a giant imaginative complex linked between everyone's heads.
I'm sort of imagining a structure like the one Dr. Manhattan makes on Mars, but bigger and more complex, less spherical, well it's not really that much like it nevermind.

I've recently been compiling a mental list of things that make me happy so that when I go back to my cave of an apartment I don't lose all lust for life and drown myself in my sink. I'm sure pretty much all of these things are universal, but sometimes the most obvious things slip your mind when you feel like God himself is reaching his fucking arm through just to push you down. (The Wretched...anyone?)

Anyway, here are some:


Reading Comics

Especially X-Men. My favorite character is Jean Grey. Appropriately enough, my least favorite is Emma Frost. What a bitch!
Also, I like how this issue actually has nothing to do with Wolverine and Cyclops fighting over Jean, no matter what the cover implies.

Eating
(This is a delicious chocolate cakey dessert I had at Corazon on 5th and Baylor)

I. Love. Food. There is no substitute. And of course, food is always best when you're with other people with whom you can discuss how great food is. If only my stomach was infinite. Or I didn't mind being mistaken for Jabba the Hut.


Flying kites

When it's sunny out, that yellow sunny, there is nothing more I like than to be outside running, watching a colorful frame of nylon soar into a clear sky.

Here is another thing (I already linked this on Frances's blog but it's just so wonderful) that always makes me happy:

It's okay. Let's go to sleep.

2 comments:

frances said...

my name is jorge regula

Karinne said...

No, it's Frances.