Wednesday, November 12, 2008

S-Pong-ee Sponge?

Sometimes it scares me to think about my body in terms of biology. Like how the bones have aged, and how the tendons connect things and muscles stretch and capillaries get smashed when you cross your legs and whatnot. Kind of scary. And jesus. These bones and liver and heart are all like nineteen years old. That's way past the expiration date of most things.
Like who would eat a nineteen year old egg?
I guess maybe a twinkie. But that's only because they're so full of preservatives. And I guess that would be the equivalent of botox or something. Marrow injections? That's sort of like a twinkie. Bone with fluffy marrow filling.
I wish marrow was fluffy. Or at least tasty and gooey. But I think it's not really like that.
I can't remember what Bill Nye told me.
I do seem to remember my mom saying she was in love with the science guy, though.
She said the same thing about C3PO. sort of. Actually I think I remember her first telling me, as I showed her the back of our Star Wars: A New Hope vinyl, pointing at the shiny gold robot asking if he was a bad guy, her saying "No, he's wonderful."
After watching it, I don't think I'd say that so much. Or not in the way I thought it meant in my head. Wonderful like Buddha. Or something.
But how do I know what Buddha is like? I guess maybe more like the Dalai Lama.
I don't know much about him really either, but I've seen videos of him and I can't stop smiling.
I like things like that, the ones that grab you and squeeze some sort of emotion out of you. I like being swept along, not having a choice, you just cry. I don't think that happens to me much. Makes me wonder if I'm cold. But then again, today I almost started crying when I remembered this book I read about a weasel who was tragically in love with a beautiful fish. God.