Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Taken a DEEP Breath, Breathe

Ahhhh.....
What a sledgehammer and some unnecessary wall can't solve.
Thanks to a cosmic meeting between me and my sister's friend Jen, I got to break things this weekend, thus bringing me to a state of inner Zen. Ohh it feels goooooood.
Here is the room full of my quelled rage:



I love half-finished houses. And the idea of smashing up the old and pasting over it clean, new slates.



And physical labor is so much more infinitely satisfying that so many other kinds of work. I need to remember to make things with my hands more often.

Anyway, Jen also introduced me to a cafe that I've been missing out on, like, forever. Progress! I need to remember to explore more, too.
Everything is biodegradable and environmentally friendly and the sun shines in the windows and on the deck. Everything I could possibly want, plus Dublin Dr. Pepper and Mexican Coke. LOVE



Also this week,
My dad hosted a cheesecake get-together thing and was doubtless ecstatic to learn that Frances plays the piano. Many duets ensued.



I'm pretty satisfied at this juncture. I started a really good Murakami book, and realized I need to remember to READ. It always makes me feel so much smarter. Makes me have ideas and think. Fancy that. But seriously, it's so necessary.

Also, I'm totally in love with this song and this music video. Someday, I'm going to learn how to do this sort of thing.
I promise.

1 comment:

frances said...

that picture is quite awesome.

and their tickets went on sale a few weeks ago. if they're not sold out, i'm interested.

OH WAIT...
we might be in new york.

he he.