Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snapperoptipus

So, the Batman soundtrack is just determined to keep coming up on shuffle, damnit. Whatever.
I was just reading up on Capricorn on www.astrologyindepth.com and jesus it scares me sometimes how right it is. I mean yeah, sometimes things are sort of a stretch, but I'm totally a dope for that shit. Anyway, I sort of see the sign as like a starting point and you can sort of bend the edges in different directions, ending up with some sort of bizzare amorphous shape uniquely your own. Thus, everyone is different.
But I think it's safe to say that me and Cancers were meant to be life-long lovers and Scorpios have a soft little place in my heart reserved just for them.
Also, I was happy to discover my old friend, Limber Louie, in my mom's storage unit when we were clearing it out. He's a sort of ostrich/llama/muppet thing that is undeniably the coolest giant puppet that I have ever owned.
I also ran into lots of other old relics from my childhood, like my extensive collection of stuffed animals, plastic animals, and other animal paraphernalia. There was some spray-paint poster thing I made in 7th grade that's a depiction of Orthanc and Shadowfax, and a collage of arbitrary pictures and movie quotes. Also some very, very dead Converse shoes. I've thus found myself reflecting a lot on my younger years. I seriously SERIOUSLY wanted to be a wolf. Also, I had a really stupid, cheeky sense of humor that drives me crazy now, but I'm sure I thought was terribly clever then. I also sort of had a tendency to try to cultivate eccentricity and artisticness in myself that only resulted in me being a huge phony.
It's funny how little I've changed...
Anyway, now all the artifacts of my past are traveling around with me, stashed in my van. And I kind of like showing people. It's strange connecting the past to the present, sort of experimenting and seeing how you can draw diagonal lines through years. Then how each line takes on a form itself in the present... I think I could spend forever just thinking about life. Good thing I have a low tolerance for attending to deep thought for a long period of time. Haha
I feel like my world is expanding. And I like it. I want to follow it out to the borders, keep pushing it. I want to start going places. Shake up the kaleidoscope.
Here are some pictures from my beautiful day:


1 comment:

Dani said...

i do love you. life long!