Sunday, September 21, 2008

Don't They Know? (It's not Sexual)

Speaking of cake,
mine is very especially thick I think. My cake is something like the layers in a raspberry indulgence cake. That white very thick consistency, rich, for white cake anyway. But it's just the cake layer right now. No raspberry in between. Or that rich creamy icing. Just a slab of thick white cake. Plain. But filling.
People seem to be satisfied with my cake, though. Sometimes I wonder if they know that it's missing the icing. And the raspberry. For christ's sake the cake is named after the raspberry but no one seems to care.
What's that about? It's frustrating, having a cake in progress that people eat anyway, telling you it's good when you know it could be SO much better, it could be complete, a perfect confection.
But if I didn't let people eat the cake until it was finished, well, maybe it won't ever be finished. Maybe it'll be a raspberry indulgence cake in progress until finally someone eats the last slice and the plate is left with a handful of crumbs.
Well, I'll keep working on it and go ahead you can eat it. I guess that's okay.

5 comments:

Amandel Oe said...

I can't wait for your cake to be finished.

Actually, I can. It'll take a while, but it'll be worth it.

And let people try your cake. If no one ever tried it until it was ready, how would you know it would be the best cake possible?

Each time someone takes a bite, they let you know if you need more creme, or more chocolate, or less sugar and more vanilla. It's a process.

:)

frances said...

we had a lengthy discussion about the meaning of cake in my marketing class today...

clea said...

why does this sound to me like a metaphor for poontang?

in any case I think I'm a variation on chocolate.......

clea said...

oops! not sexual.

Karinne said...

yeah jeeeez