Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Lips are Chapped but My Fingers are Not

Well, I feel at least something has changed. I like that.
I'm feeling more motivated than usual. I've made a few plans for the recent and upcoming futures, and I like the idea of them. And I think I'm going to do them.

They include, but do not stop at:
-learning how to use the fondue pot
-cooking meat
-painting that subjective cartography I've held onto for three years
-taking pictures
-admitting when I don't know something

I think for everyone's sanity, and in an attempt to make my blog more aesthetically pleasing, I'll try to post a picture or two. Everyone loves a picture. Aren't they so much easier to read?

I guess I didn't notice but I really have a flair for exploitation films.
Also, I'm very glad I finally have a die (that would be the singular form of dice...). It is everything I ever wanted it to be. The curse of my indecisiveness is ended.

I've suddenly found myself overcome with a desire to learn things. Anything. Everything. Do you realize how much stuff there is to know? And how everything you look at has a history and a chemistry to it? There is so much! I guess this is the reason documentary film interests me so much. I could decide to find out how gummi bears are made and make a whole damn film on it. Anything. I love that sort of endlessness. I still remember some of those short documentaries they would show in picture-picture on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. Like the one about crayons. Especially the one about crayons. The melted, orange wax rippling like a creek. That's important.
Hm. I'm a little frustrated with my tone right now, and I wonder if it's apparent. I'll have to find better ways of talking.

Enjoy the obligatory picture.

No comments: