Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Not Pimpin' So Hard



Hmmm... many an event hath made its path ere I last posted.
And I've been reading The Fellowship of the Ring too long today. I suppose I didn't come to Berlin to be in Middle Earth. But how that hefty tome sucks me in!
Anyway, let's try to ignore for a little while my overwhelmingly nerdy obsession with elves and the Elder days and come back to the present. I'm trying to snap out of it with an electro-dance playlist. Strange cultureshock.
So first I would like to just say, the clubs here are so fucking boss. Either that, or the ones I've been to in Austin are just real shit. Probably both are true.
For one, here they never close. Jesus. I came home at sixish, and people there were still going strong. You can totally just stay there all day. And I would, if I wasn't sort of a sleep-o-phile.
Another, for lovers of electronic music, this place is Mecca and oooooh god. We heard a few groups play before M.A.N.D.Y. and they were all vvery nice. And the lights in this place. Okay, the place was two stories, the lower having windows that look over this sort of lake or river and over to lit up city buildings, very romantic. Then upstairs, there is a strip of ceiling extending down the walls that is set with LEDs behind a sort of foggy sheet, so that the entire thing can light up. It runs in these patterns, and with the music, it was so damn sexy I pretty much wet myself.
Also, people seem to have much better manners here. Like, for instance, people don't automatically assume it's okay to touch you just because you looked at them. No creepy fat dudes asking you stupid irrelevant questions or following you around, nothing. Awesome. The only strange encounter I had was when I was sitting down near the bar and a guy came up and said something in German, which I didn't understand, and then said something like "I just want a sip" and took a gulp from my drink. Then walked away. Weird....
I wish I could have taken more pictures but the people were a little snotty and didn't want any cameras, so I didn't want to risk being thrown out.
Basically, if I end up stuck in Austin for quite some time with no business plans, I'm definitely starting up a club that maybe doesn't suck balls. And we won't be letting in any creepy men.
It'll be situated conveniently between YouShi and Krazy Burger. Keep an eye out.

1 comment:

frances said...

YOUSHI!!!

I was thinking more of calling it Ushi so we could convince Uchi to call us their sister restaurant, HAHA.